The Early Years Educator apprenticeship programme provides a secure foundation to pursue a career as an Early Years Practitioner, Nursery Teaching Assistant or Nursery Nurse.
Once qualified as an early years educator, you will open the door to a rewarding career with many job roles available to you as the sector continues to grow. You will also have opportunities to develop a specialism, such as SEND support.
You will complete the course as a skilled observer and communicator who can plan and shape effective learning for children aged 0-5.
How it works
A blended learning approach consisting of live webinars, self-directed learning, and applying your learning in your setting in real-time means you can learn while you earn and put theory into practice from day one.
Apprentices complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator Diploma for the Children's Workforce (RQF) as part of this apprenticeship, and the programme typically takes 18 months to complete (subject to working hours and prior knowledge).
Through a series of different modules, you will develop an in-depth understanding of:
- Child development
- Supporting the holistic development of children
- Safeguarding and child protection in early years
- Promoting the health, safety and welfare of young children
- Supporting the health, wellbeing, and physical care needs of children in early years settings
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion in early years settings
- Supporting positive behaviour in children
- Supporting children with additional support needs
- Supporting attachment
- Supporting children through transitions
- Planning, leading, and evaluating purposeful play activities
- Early reading and mathematics
- Extending children’s learning and thinking
- Assessment and observation in early years setting
- Recording, storing, reporting, and sharing information in early years settings
- Working in partnership
Please visit the find an apprenticeship website to see our Early Years programme.
Explore the Early Years Educator Level 3 apprenticeship standard from the Institute of Apprenticeships which outlines the skills, knowledge, and behaviours (the standard) you will develop to achieve the apprenticeship.