Early Years Educator - Level 3
The Early Years Educator apprenticeship is ideal for anyone working within early years settings in schools or nurseries. This programme provides a secure foundation to pursue a career as an Early Years Practitioner, Nursery Teaching Assistant or Nursery Nurse. You will develop a thorough understanding of children’s development patterns from 0-5 years, explore the barriers to education and learn how to best support children in nurturing, inclusive environments. By the end of the course, you will be a skilled observer and communicator who can plan and shape learning for those in your care. This programme is delivered by highly experienced industry experts who have worked in the education sector for many years, ensuring that learning will be applicable to your role straight away.
This programme is taught with a blended learning approach, with a mix of live webinars and self-directed learning to accompany the real-world application in your school. There are a range of opportunities for the learner to engage in collaborative team learning, self-directed on-the-job tasks, one to one mentoring and knowledge-based webinars. Our programme typically takes 18 months to complete (subject to working hours and prior knowledge) and we enrol new cohorts each spring and autumn.
Becoming a qualified early years educator can lead to a long and rewarding career, as the early years sector and demand for support continues to grow. You can progress into many job roles and have opportunities to develop a specialism, such as special education.
Through a series of different modules, participants will develop an in-depth understanding of:
- Child Development
- Supporting the Holistic Development of Children
- Safeguarding and child protection in early years
- Promoting the Health, Safety and Welfare of Young Children
- Supporting the health, wellbeing and physical care needs of children in early years settings
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in early years settings
- Supporting positive behaviour in children
- Supporting children with additional support needs
- Supporting attachment
- Supporting children through transitions
- Planning, leading and evaluating purposeful play activities
- Early Reading and Mathematics
- Extending children’s learning and thinking
- Assessment and observation in early years settings
- Recording, storing, reporting and sharing information in early years settings
- Working in Partnership
Please visit the find an apprenticeship website to see our Early Years Educator Programme.
Here you can find the Early Years Educator level 3 apprenticeship standard from the Institute of Apprenticeships which outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours (the standard) you will develop to achieve the apprenticeship.
Next intake: October 2022. Application deadline: 9th September 2022.