How it works
A blended learning approach consisting of live webinars, self-directed learning, and applying learnings in their setting in real-time means your apprentice can put theory into practice from day one.
Apprentices complete the Level 3 Early Years Educator Diploma for the Children's Workforce (RQF) as part of this apprenticeship, and the programme typically takes 18 months to complete (subject to working hours and prior knowledge).
Through a series of different modules, your apprentice will develop an in-depth understanding of:
- Child development
- Supporting the holistic development of children
- Safeguarding and child protection in early years
- Promoting the health, safety and welfare of young children
- Supporting the health, wellbeing, and physical care needs of children in early years settings
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion in early years settings
- Supporting positive behaviour in children
- Supporting children with additional support needs
- Supporting attachment
- Supporting children through transitions
- Planning, leading, and evaluating purposeful play activities
- Early reading and mathematics
- Extending children’s learning and thinking
- Assessment and observation in early years setting
- Recording, storing, reporting, and sharing information in early years settings
- Working in partnership
With United Learning Apprenticeships, you can build a professional, confident Early Years workforce. Be the difference – hire an apprentice.
Spring 2024 applications are now OPEN.